Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mother of Jose Antonio Navarro

Welcome!

I've started this blog about two very famous families from Texas who are very important to our State of Texas, as early settlers in San Antonio, who became very involved in the movement to make Texas a free nation from Mexico.  Did you know that they were related?  Franciso Ruiz was Jose Antonio Navarro's Uncle on his mother's side. Jose's mother was Franciscos sister.  They both were in the Texas Legislature and represented Texas in its most dire hours. Jose's mother's name was Maria Josefa Ruiz.

I have been involved with the Navarro House in San Antonio, Texas which is 
now known as Casa Navarro, since I was 15 years old.  It is my goal with this blog to bring all people together who wish to know about these two gentlemen and their accomplishments and their place in not only Texas history but how they effect the world.  Secondly I want to create a forum
for all those wishing to know about them and possibly how they might even be related to these two families.  I will post periodically things about them, hopefully you will follow my blog and enjoy my writing.  I plan to have a gathering meeting for my followers 3 times a year.  March 20, 2017, May 15, 2017 and October 9, 2017 respectfully.  I will announce the meeting place later.  It will be for the usual one hour with speakers on the subject of the Navarro Family or the Ruiz family.
Its purpose will be to discuss any number of family related matters.


Please join me and tell you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment