Sunday, January 29, 2017

Busy three days


The past three days were very busy for Linda Ramos, my Ruiz cousin and me. On January the 26th at 6 pm I was a speaker at the Somerset Historical Society meeting. I talked about how the Navarro's and Ruiz's were land owners in the area and that they lived in Atascosa and I told of my first ancestor Angel Navarro's early arrival to Texas from Corsica. Also in attendance was another of our cousins.   His name is Jessie Alvarado  Jessie added to the conversation during my presentation and handed out Navarro papers and photos for the attendees to look at.  It was very informative and I didn't mind my cousin adding to my presentation
after all it was about our ancestor Jose Antonio Navarro.  The next morning at 9 am we were on our way to Elmendorf, Texas where we would attend the grand opening of a new water processing plant that is going to give our city of San Antonio reverse osmosis water. It will tape three aquifers from the surrounding area.  The ceremony was very nice and we enjoyed a light breakfast. 

Then on Saturday we went to a meeting at  Del Carmen Church community room where we both brought things to share with the people attending about our ancestors two ancestors.  About the room were displays of genealogy, photos and other things. There was a man there who was scanning our papers to add to his work on Somerset and the surrounding communities. Today I am just resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment