Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Get ready for an exciting year 2018



I can't believe it has been a year since I began my Navarro/Ruiz family blog.  I am happy to have this platform to share my passion with you.  I hope you have enjoyed my past post and look forward to more news about these two families as the year progresses.  I will let you know when I am planning a meeting at the library to you can come and be part of this learning experience.

I am so looking forward to all the celebrations that our city is planning for 2018!  The website is sanantonio300.org.  It has a calendar which will help you see all that is going on that day.  The
celebration for this year started off with a big bang, with our New Years Eve celebration at Hemisphere Plaza in downtown San Antonio, Texas.  There was live entertainment and festivities, which started at 4 pm that day, and culminated with an amazing fireworks display.

The next celebration is February 24th, which will be our day to shine.  We begin the birthday celebration for Jose Antonio Navarro at 10 am at the Casa Navarro at 228 S. Laredo St.  The Corsican delegation will be part of these doings. I will be there at a table marked genealogy, right next door will be a membership table for our organization, the Friends of Casa Navarro.  Please come over and visit with me.  I will have some fabulous things to share with you.  This is the first year that a genealogical table will be at these festivities.  Here is your opportunity to ask those nagging questions or get some information you have always wondered about.

Your participation is welcomed, bring the family and a friend or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment